A live center provides additional support for long, large, or heavy parts during turning operations. The live center is installed in the nose of the tailstock using a Morse taper connection, and then brought forward to contact the centerline of the part. The 60° hardened-steel point of the live center engages with a corresponding 60° countersink in the end of the material, thus supporting the free end of the part. A high-precision bearing assembly in the live center allows the unit to spin freely with the part, while allowing full tailstock support.
- 60° standard steel point, heat-treated to HRc 60 ± 2
- Accuracy guaranteed to 0.002 mm TIR (0.0001")
- Excellent for high-speed CNC turning (up to 6000 rpm)
- Double angular contact bearings for superior performance
- Anti-friction seal for coolant deflection and high speed
- Heat-treated body for extra strength, rigidity, and long life.